Sunday, December 25, 2011

Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah

This is the Arabic greeting for Merry Christmas.

Photobucket

As I've mentioned before Dubai or the United Arab Emirates is a Muslim / Arabic Country but is open to other cultures and religion. They do not of course celebrate Christmas and thus Christmas is a regular day here. It depends on the company if they will give additional holiday for their Christian employees, which most do so. My company allows their Christian employees to have their Christmas Day leave but on the condition that it will not affect the operations for the day. Unfortunately, I was left in our department since my colleague went on vacation. So I am here blogging in the office, boohoo! My first time working on a Christmas Day!

But it's not bad at all, I am still grateful for my job and the company that recognizes my efforts and pays my bills. Back to work.

Again Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah (Merry Christmas) and Kul 'am wa antum bikhair (Happy New Year)!

0 comments:

Post a Comment